The Musical Intelligences: From Piaget to Gardner
Explore music as a cognitive tool for developing literacy and numeracy and a social-emotional activity for promoting health, self esteem, and character Examine the potential of music in the development of hearts, hands, and heads of young children.
Music and the Brain: Music, Literacy, and Numeracy
Current brain research is helping us understand how children learn. Neuroscience has allowed us to see the effect of music on the brain. Learn how singing a lyric promotes phonological awareness and playing rhythmsstengthens math concepts.
Other workshops available
- Integrating Technology into Curriculum
- Promoting Critical Thinking in the Classroom
- Using Computers in Early Childhood Education
- Using Technology in Action Research
- Technology Guiding Partner: Thinkquest Faculty Training
- Teaching Online: Faculty Training for Blackboard and eCollege
- Multimedia Electronic Portfolios for Authentic Assessment
- MIDI in the Classroom
- Music and Arts Education Through Technology
- Exploring the World Wide Web
- Creating Web Pages
- Multimedia Authoring in Hyperstudio and Powerpoint
Email us for information about setting up a workshop for your school district.